Every food lover knows that the best food comes from the freshest materials. If you want fresh bread, Make your dough. Do you want fresh dough? Grind your flour. In the olden days, if you wished to grind your corn or grain, you would have to use an atlas corn grinder.
This is the age of technology and advancement as such that anyone can become self-sufficient if they want to.
There is no question that the freshly ground grain is the best tasting and the most nutritional. With countless health benefits and not to mention the grainy natural taste provided by the newly grounded corn, wheat or other grains. So if you wish to lead a healthier (and tastier) life then get out there and get yourself a grain grinder.
Depending on the seller they may be electric or manual corn grinders, both having their pros and cons. If you prefer to ‘feel’ your flour being ground, then the manual corn grinder is for you. It comes with a crank handle, you pour the grain on one side and crank the handle until it is ground or if you prefer to flow in the grain, flip a switch and let the machine do the grinding; then the electric corn grinder is for you.
Most significant difference of these grinders is the speed at which you turn your grains in to wheat. Other than this, texture setting, processing feature, mechanisms and sizes are different.
Top 3 Corn Grinders
Nutrimill classic 760200
Wondermill mill grinder
Why You Should Consider Buying A Grain Mill?
Most of the peoples used to eat street foods or the fast-food without considering how bad it is to their health, anyhow, every health conscious person trying to use more healthy food items and products.
You can make your daily healthy food from your hand; it would add some deliciousness and healthy value to your meal. Let’s see the benefits of having a corn grinder in your home.
Corn is a wonderful grain with lots of healthy benefits. It is good for high blood pressure and hyperlipidemia. If you need to take the real healthy benefits from the corn, you must have suitable corn grinder in your home. You can use other grains like rice to make delicious food from your home.
Having a grinder in your home saves the purchasing costs of expensive flour. Corn wheat seeds are not expensive, so you can purchase that at lesser cost and turn in to corn flour.
Can use it based on your need
Having a best corn grinder in the market helps you to turn wheat in to flour anytime. You can use that based on your requirement and can use to make any homemade food item.
What To Look For In A Corn Grinder?
Selecting a best corn grinder or corn grinder machine quite challengeable, because there are lots of options available and several factors need to be considered. Here we have few facts for your consideration on selecting a beast corn grinder.
Horse Power is one of the critical factors you must consider before you taking the purchase decision, because power decides the capacity and capability of grinding the grains. Usually commercial corn grinder takes 1 to 2 minutes to finish the grinding of 5 cups.
Time is lucrative factor to all of the people. Capacity and time taken to grind the wheat decides the efficiency of the corn grinder. Most of the electric corn grinders have high efficiency than the manual corn grinders.
Every food maker expects quitter grain mill with proper functionality. Let’s think about the situation of having small children’s in your home with higher noise. It’s going to be a mess. There for you must consider about the noise level before you purchasing the grinder mill.
Best Corn Grinder Reviews – 2019
In this buying guide, we will be discussing the top 5 corn grinders for sale out there in the market. Listed accordingly these include:
- Blendtec 52-601-BHM Kitchen Mill
- NutriMill’s Classic 760200
- WONDERMILL’s Powerful Electric Grain Mill Grinder for Home and Professional Use.
- WONDERMILL’s Manual Grain Grinder for Dry and Oily Grains
- NutriMill Harvest Stone Grain Mill
1)Blendtec 52-601-BHM Kitchen Mill
It is a state of the art grain and corn grinder which can grind 24 cups of natural whole-grain flour in under 8 minutes which is a charming capacity as compared to its small size.
It has a variable speed option and an on-off switch.
Blendtec kitchen mill is the first micronizer introduced to the home market.
The chamber is made up of stainless surgical steel, designed for efficient and quick refining, while the housing unit, lid, and transparent container of flour are made up of high-impact and highly resistant plastic.
The 1.8 HP, 1000-watt motor is very powerful and It has a self-lubricating mechanism that makes the grinding cool so that the nutrients remain intact.
It has the following features
- 5 grinding settings can refine very coarse to a very fine grind
- ON/OFF switch is very handy
- It has 2 filters which contains the fine particles and doesn’t allow them to blow all over the place.
- It possesses the ability to grind 1lb grain/minute
- The container has the capacity to hold 24 cups of flour.
- The hopper has the capacity to hold 3 cups of grain.
- It comes with a 6-year warranty.
- It is reliable, quick, and convenient; the Blendtec is still a dependable choice today.
- It has a history of milling and it has changed the meaning of refining flour to a whole new level.
With a rating of 3.2 out of 5 stars on Monlock, Let’s put its pros and cons side by side.
- Five texture setting which can grind flour from coarse to very fine.
- Grind 1 pound of grain per minute or 24 cups of grain in under 8 minutes
- Simple to use and easy to clean
- Six-year warranty and trusted manufacturer
- Very noisy
- Too expensive as compared to other and far more technologically advanced corn grinders
- Grains get expelled from the container which makes it dirty and waste of grain
- Grinding hard corn may clog the gears, and it will be unrepairable
2) NutriMill’s Classic 760200
The NutriMill Classic 760200 is next on the list as an electric corn grinder. It is a high-speed grain mill which can grind 5 cups of grain per minute.
It has a set temperature of 118 ° that protects the nutrients in the grain and keeps the grainy flavor of the flour intact.
It can be used as a corn meal grinder with much efficiency than the rest as it has a powerful motor which can grind very fine to very coarse flour; to your liking.
Stainless steel impacts grain milling heads provide adjustment from very fine to coarse flour, ten times more efficient than impact corn mill grinders.
With a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars; below are its pros and cons:
- Grinds grains at a charming speed
- Easy to clean and compact to store
- Grinds tight grains without any problem
- Defective products delivered, customer service is unresponsive
- Very noisy and gets dirty
- Substandard materials used for motor
- The plastic cover is a pain to remove
3) WONDERMILL’s Powerful Electric Grain Mill Grinder for Home and Professional Use
The powerful electric grain mill grinder for home and professional us by WONDERMILL is the best electric corn mill grinder without a doubt. It is swift compared to its competitors in this price range. It is an electric grain grinder that is made to make the job of grinding your flour as easy as possible. For a daily appliance, The WONDERMILL is the most user-friendly and efficient.
It is certified and comes with a lifetime warranty. Being so quiet and efficient, it has given the competitors a run for their money. It is made up of sturdy, heavy duty and durable material; comes with no complicated settings it can grind 100-pound flour in 1 hour without overloading.
It serves as a corn mill grinder very efficiently.
It comes with three grind settings so that you can grind your grain to your preferred fineness. Apart from commercial usage, it is also used as an industrial corn grinder. With a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, It is the best choice for a corn grinder on this list.
4) WONDERMILL’s Manual Grain Grinder for Dry and Oily Grains
In terms of grain grinders, WONDERMILL is a name of trust that is why it has occupied two places in the list of Top 5 corn grinders for sale. Second, on the list is WONDERMILL’s Manual corn grinder for Dry and Oily Grains.
It is a Mexican corn grinder; It comes with a crank handle to grind the corn finely mechanically.
It is extremely heavy-duty and durable, coming with a lifetime warranty.
It is a fast hand grinder can also be used to grind flour and spices, portable to carry making it one of the few portable corn grinder machines.
With an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars, below are its pros and cons listed:
- Very durable machine
- Mount system is sturdy and strong
- Grinds very finely
- Very costly for a manual corn grinder
- May start breaking from first few cranks
- A bit complicated to use
- Takes a lot of muscle power
- Grinding beans may be an issue as they get clog the machine.
5) NutriMill Harvest Stone Grain Mill
Up next is also a grinder by NutriMill. The NutriMill harvest stone grain mill is a stone corn grinder.
It is a German made electric corn grinder with an Auto-Off thermal protection feature consists of tough corundum GrainMaster milling stones.
It comes in six color variants for you to choose from and it is made up of sustainable bamboo wood, very Eco-friendly and carefully designed.
Monlock recommends it, and with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars, Its pros and cons are the following:
- A potent motor with a thermal protecting Auto-Off feature to make sure it doesn’t overheat
- Durable and heavy duty
- Potent motor grinds even the hardest grains
- Doesn’t grind very finely
- Requires a lot of cleaning
- Noisy, Heavy and small
- Flour isn’t heated, so it doesn’t keep the grainy flavor and nutrition intact
Ability to clean
Gerba says “Cleaning is the only intervention”. Cleaning ability of corn grinder controls the spread of infections and enhance the durability of the machine. You can read the article on cleaning the grinder.
Whether you want a corn grinder for your kitchen or industrial needs. Either you want a corn grinder for chicken feed or yourself to get gluten-free flour. Hoping that this guide will be of help to you in getting the best corn grinder out there on the market but if you want the best out of these best, Then WonderMill powerful electric grinder is the way to go, It is the best corn grinder on the market currently available. Very easy to use and user-friendly for your daily grinding tasks.
This corn grinder will make you healthier, save you time and money because its price to performance ratio is next to none. The cherry on top: WonderMill stands behind their product with a lifetime warranty which is a fixed point for their machine on a marketing point of view.
Still, go through the guide and find out the best that may be for you, because it is famously said, “ To each man his own” and buying the best corn grinder is no joke now.