Herb Grinders have made a massive jump in quality in recent years, because of the new precision manufacturing processes and variety of build materials increasing drastically. You can grind herbs at low cost in your home with better precision than before. Herb grinders are used for finely grinding herbs like coriander, rosemary, parsley, basil, thyme, etc. for kitchen use or grinding cannabis which using it as a recreational drug. There’s a choice for you to get either a manual or an electric herb grinder, whichever is to your liking.
You can get a manual herb grinder, if you are a herb grinding enthusiasts and want your ground herbs up to the mark with their fineness, or if you focus on getting your herbs ground with little effort, then the electric herb grinder is for you. But out of a thousand choices of herb grinders on e-commerce websites which one would be the best for you???
Well, You need not dwell anymore as this list of the best herb grinders of 2020 will surely guide you in buying the perfect tool for your kitchen.
Top 3 Herb Grinders
Pen simple herb grinder
kannastor gr8tr v2
Mandala locking stash combo
What are the Benefits of Having Herb Grinder?
Having a herb grinder your own create several benefits for you and your family. Here are the most important benefits of having grinder.
You can control the input and output of herb when youre are using your herb grinder.
People who manually grind the herb take too much time than the electric grinder users. Therefor having electric grinder makes your life easier.
Enhance the quality
Everybody expects quality output. With your own herb grinder you can grind the herb according to your requirements.
Some grinders have inbuilt storage to store the herbs. This will help your to store and protect herb from the moisture and insects treats.
What are the Types of Herb Grinder?
We can see mainly three types of grinders available in the herb grinders market.
- Two-Piece Grinders – Also known as one compartment grinder, very simple in operations. Since only the grinding chamber available you have to put your herb into the same compartment.
- Three-Piece Grinders – This contains of two compartments and you can put your herb in to the top compartment. The bottom compartments for the retrieval and the separation done by the based on size.
- Four-Piece Grinders – This is the advanced grinder from above all. 4 piece herb grinder also known as three compartment herb grinders is the favorite choice of most of herb grinder users.
What are Herb Grinders Made Of?
When we are talking about the material of the herb grinder, we are talking about the interior and exterior of the grinder. In the common market there are few materials using to manufacture the herb grinders.
Metal – Usually aluminum and titanium are the most common metal of using to manufacture the herb grinders. Titanium requires less or no cleaning. Therefor most of lovers are using titanium herb grinders as well.
Wooden – Wooden grinders add some colorfulness to your herb grinder and these are durable. It’s quite hard to find the herb grinders in the market and its expensive. Usually it comes with single compartment.
Acrylic – A kind of cheapest grinder available in the market. These are not easy to clean and lease durable compared to the other two products.
Best Electric Herb Grinder Reviews 2020
As we know herb grinders come in two variants, the manual and electric herb grinders, both of them are best according to preferences of the consumer. Here we’ll be discussing the best electric herb grinder of 2020:
1) PenSimple – Herb Grinder and Dispenser
The PenSimple herb grinder and dispenser are a very lightweight and very durable which allows it to be easily carried from one place to another even in your pocket. An aluminum body and a sleek design, it can help you grind, store and dispense herbs whenever you wish as it has a storage of 56.7 grams of herbs and spill-proof storage so you can save your herbs with ease.
PenSimple can become whatever you need it to be with 3 modes depending if you want maximum storage, intermediate or maximum grind.
A rating of 2.8 stars out of 5, Below are the pros and cons of this device:
- Composed of Aircraft grade aluminum which makes it extremely lightweight and durable
- It has the advantage to be used as a manual grinder when the battery runs out
- Spill-proof storage
- Easy to carry
- Very expensive
- The battery does not last half the claimed time
- Grinder gets clogged
- A lot of waste in each dispense
2) Easy Grinder Automatic Herbal Grinder and Dispenser
The easy grinder automatic herbal grinder and dispenser is a stainless steel herb grinder, it is fitted with Li-ion rechargeable battery and comes with a USB cord to charge the battery. It is a powerful tool to grind and dispense your herbs every effectively on your fingertips; it comes with a high-quality replaceable blade that can grind up to 2.5gm of herbs at a single run.
It has a magnetic adjustable swing tip and comes with a spare blade and a cleaning brush.The best utilization of this device is that it can be used as a manual grinder when the battery runs out, but the battery has a massive capacity of running up to 5 hours or over 300 grinds on a single charge. The only chance for the battery to run out is if you don’t properly care, maintain and charge it.
It comes in a very affordable range and a variety of 4 colors black, silver, gold and rose gold for you to choose.A rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars and very few complaints, The easy grinder herbal grinder and dispenser is the best choice on the market for a herbal grinder, so it’s safe to safe this is the best herb grinder on the market.
- Some people complained of the dispenser not quite working, or some products are faulty.
Best Manual Herb Grinders of 2020
Although the evolution of technology gave birth to electric herb grinders, some people still prefer the old fashioned manual herb grinders because mechanical precision is no match for human accuracy. Below are the best manual herb grinders of 2020.
- KANNASTOR GR8TR V2 Grinder
- Mandala Locking Stash Box Combo
- ChefSofi Mortar and Pestle set
- Tree of Life Stash Box Combo by Swagstr Grinders
- Granite Mortar and Pestle Set by Laevo Cook
- Phoenician Herbal Grinder
1) KANNASTOR GR8TR V2 Grinder
Last on the list is the KANNASTOR GR8TR V2 herb grinder which is claimed to be perfect for herb spices, This Eight chambered herb grinder is one of a kind with a very flat grind and a 60 mesh stainless, easy change screen.It comes in three beautiful variants, i.e., Matte Black, Rose Gold, and Matte silver.
It is made up hardened 60/61 aluminum alloy consisting of aluminum, magnesium and silicon ensuring durability and up to the mark performance.
KANNASTOR claims; Every single one of their product goes through a series of testing in regards of functionality, performance and strength before it is sent into production. So there is a very little chance of a defective product. Their product also comes a lifetime warranty in case of defect by the company, which is a great way to earn the trust of potential buyers.
With a rating of 3.9 stars out of 5, its pros and cons are listed below.
- The craftsmanship, quality, and functionality is something to appreciate.
- A limited lifetime warranty provided by the manufacturer ensures there is a slim chance of defective products.
- Very smooth grinding and easy to use.
- Very durable
- It is very overpriced for a manual herb grinder
- Customer complaints of used products being sent, as the warranty includes returning of the device if the parts of the grinder are damaged; Used products do not qualify for the guarantee.
- Falsely advertised; delivered product may not be identical to the pictures
2) Mandala Locking Stash Box Combo
Number 3 on our list of the best manual herb grinders of 2020 is the Mandala locking stash box combo; it comes with a smell proof case and a lock grinding rolling tray and stash jar, i.e. odor proof stash container combo and accessories.
It comes in two beautiful themes the Mandala and Tree of life. It comes with a discreet travel case so that you can easily carry the materials from one place to another.
Stay secure and safe with a 100% lockable and smell proof stash box! Smell proof technology will keep the inside contents confidential and secure. Airtight container locks the odor inside. With a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars. Let us see the pros and cons.
- The airtight, crush-proof container helps the ingredients to stay fresh
- High-quality jar and grinder
- Design and pattern are beautiful
- The lock is of inferior quality
- Small sized grinder
- Very Costly
- Difficult to rearrange because of the foam
3) ChefSofi Mortar and Pestle set
This beautiful unpolished heavy granite, self-adhesive and scratch resistant manual herb grinding mortar and pestle setdoes what it promises. It is a traditional herb grinder which has been in use for over a thousand years.
It has the 2cup or 500ml capacity, a firm grip and so durable that it’ll break your kitchen floor instead of breaking itself in case of a fall.
It brings out the natural aroma and extracts of the herbs or any salad dressing you wish to grind, giving the best flavor for you to savor.
It is a dry herb grinder which is easy to clean, and the grip on the pestle is so that it requires very little hand motion resulting in minimal waste.
If you wish to purchase the best manual herb grinder on the market, the ChefSofi mortar and pestle set is most definitely the way to go.
A rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars speaks for itself.
- Some people found it too heavy to use.Taste of sand in the ground herbs caused inconvenience to the customers
4) Tree of Life Stash Box Combo by Swagstr Grinders
It is a Four piece herb grinder, comes with a stash box combo to protect your herbs keeping its fresh aroma and flavor in the box, the grinder itself is a glass herb grinder with a UV protecting glass jar.The engraved wooden box comes in three variants, i.e. Pineapple, Tree of life and Space themes.
The icing on the cake is the seller provides with a 100% satisfaction guarantee which means if you are dissatisfied with the integrity of the product, quality of the materials or you feel the description was misleading, then the product will be sent back, and your money returned to you. No questions asked and that’s a great bargain.
With a rating of 4.2 stars out of 5, following are its pros and cons:
- Quality of materials used is great
- Very affordable as compared to competitors
- Wooden herb grinder design is beautiful
- Stash box is not very spacious, jar and grinder size is also small
- Lock breaks very easily which ruins the purpose of a stash box
- The ‘engraving’ starts to peel off
5) Granite Mortar and Pestle Set by Laevo Cook
Laevo Cook offers a Mortar and Pestle set manual herb grinder which comes in two variants granite or marble whichever you prefer. The uniqueness of this mortar and pestle set is that the pestle can be used in either direction to separate the aroma and flavor.
It also comes with a wooden spoon and silicone lid/placemat free of cost. To protect your countertop and keep the herbs, fresh longer. It is effortless to use, and its design is very pleasing.
With a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, its pros and cons are listed below.
- Dual headed pestle gives a choice of grinding
- Money back guarantee
- Manufacturing fault reported in some products
- Mortar is not wide enough
- Low-quality material used
6) Phoenician Herbal Grinder
It is an extra-large four piece herb grinder, comes with a built-in ashtray and two rolling paper depot doobtubes.Made with aircraft grade aluminum, it is incredibly light to carry and no threads so a fast patent pending locking system.
The exterior design makes it very easily graspable. It is a bit pricey and hard to clean; however, the quality of materials used is very high while the magnetic locking system makes it very easy to grind.
With a rating of 3.7 out of 5, This product is unfortunately currently unavailable for an unknown period.
Spice herb grinders are a kitchen must-have, buying the right device is the key as it will not only make your work more manageable in the kitchen, but an efficient grinder will save you a lot of money.
When going to the market to buy a dry herb grinder, you will notice hundreds of thousands of variety of herb grinders, not to mention choosing between more ease and functional electric herb grinders or the traditional manual herb grinders. Both have their uses and negativities depending on your preference. Using your hands to grind herbs is now an obsolete technique.
If you want the best outcomes, especially in terms of consistency, the best herb grinder is a product that you will need. With the options that have been mentioned above, we hope that it is now more comfortable for you to decide which one makes the right choice while buying the best grinder you must keep the following factors under acknowledgment:
Speed: The speed of a spice grinder should be kept under consideration, a good grinder should be able to grind a full load in just a matter of minutes.
Capacity: Herb spice grinders can be large or small depending upon their design and capacity. Although manual grinders are a lot smaller than automated grinders, manual grinders can process a lot more spices per batch.
Cleaning: After using the grinder, you have to clean it before storing it, cleaning an automated grinder can be a pain as compared to a manual grinder because of the number of parts it has.
Here’s to hoping this guide helps you in making the right choice of best grinders for weed and how to use a herb grinder.